Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Resurrection Sunday!

Yep, it's that day again.  This morning my oldest daughter, who happens to be my oldest, came into our room and said "Happy Resurrection Sunday!"  I said, "Happy Easter to you, too!", to which she replied, with a snarl on her lovely face, "I'll never say 'Easter' again, that is a derivative of the name of Ashtar, a female goddess of the Middle East area.  "Hmm," says I.

So within a few minutes, the young lady says, "I love Easter!", a big, sappy smile on her face.  I replied with, "What?", to which she said, "I love Easter," to which I replied, "What?", to which she said, "Oh!".

So we went to the park to hide "Resurrection Sunday" eggs, which turned out to not be eggs at all, but rather egg-shaped plastic containers which contained money.  The boy and I spent ten minutes hiding the entire lot, something like 40 "eggs".  Then the hungry horde descended upon us, the relatives, that is.  While I was busy hiding the "eggs", I was looking down at my handiwork, which didn't look very handy, when a pair of small, black feet came into my field of view.  The little guy asked me what I was doing.  I told him, saying that we were going to have a party.  The next second, the little guy ran toward the monkey bars, saying, "Trevor, we're gonna have a party.  He's hiding Easter eggs."  Too cute.

So we chowed heartily, the food quickly evaporating.  The conversations were good, for a change.  Most everyone was friendly.  And the best part... a relative that no one had seen in 29 years came to the party.  That was amazing.  She and her twin sister had vanished after their parents passed away in 1980, or so, never to be seen nor heard from until the last couple of weeks, then there she was.  The funny part is that one of the relatives had been working with her boyfriend for years, never knowing that connection existed till now!  Wow.

OUT!

No comments: