Friday, March 4, 2011

Lately...

So much happening,
So much goin’ on,
Seems like it never slows,
It never goes,
Never leaves me alone.

Political intrigue,
Apocalyptic creeds,
Lascivious “needs”.
Global, tribal, multi-cultural greed,
All in the name of everyone’s religion.
Piling up death all around us.

We’ve gotta protect,
Against the other man’s thinking.
Can’t trust that he won’t run us down.
Blood’s gotta run in the streets like a river,
Or we’ll never be happy, never be in charge.

I’m getting over myself,
Or so I think…
I think I’m finally over myself,
And then I think…
I stop and smell the coffee,
Check the tea leaves,
Toss the dice,
And what do I find?

It’s not about me,
But everywhere I turn
I just turn up again.
It’s not about me,
But every time I look in the mirror,
There I am again.

Won’t you just leave me alone?
You’re not me, clone.
You’ll never be me.

No comments: